Avalanche

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rules of Bible Study

In our interchurchal young men's Bible study we are identifying common understandings by which one should go about studying the Bible. In other words, these are things by which one should understand as he proceeds studying scripture. Here's what we've identified...

Rules of Bible Study
1) There are no contradictions in The Bible.

2) The Bible is a closed system.

3) One must interpret scripture with scripture.

4) The context in which a scripture is found is key to the scripture.

5) Interpret questionable scripture meaning with nonquestionable scriptural meanings.

6) Don't form an opinion about a Bible subject until you know what the Bible as a whole has to say about it.

And for clarifications sake... these are in my personal wording format. If I need to clarify or reword.... you know what to do.... and if there are any others out there which yall know of that I am neglecting to mention for whatever reason then by all means... let me know.

I have another subject which will come shortly hereafter.... I give yall a week to hash out this one first.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Dani said...

that is pretty much it, the only thing I would add, is that outside of a family situation, I think it outta be pastor lead.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Brittany said...

I have no other "rules" to add but I do have to say that I makes me happy to hear that you all are having a Bible Study involving multiple churches. I think that is such a wonderful thing to do. RIGHT ON BROTHER!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Cal-el of Krypton said...

well... these rules can apply to personal Bible study as opposed to a strictly church Bible Study.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home