Avalanche

Friday, August 25, 2006

Life More Abundant!

In my job I regularly get to see the effects of living an unhealthy lifestyle. Let me tell you... if you want to live past 50 NEVER SMOKE (those that have to have any cardiac work done on them fare terribly after surgery if they are a smoker), eat healthy (yes that means sacrificing what you want to eat with something that's good for you.... when you order that salad next time you're out with your buddies and they make fun of you... you'll get the last laugh), and exercise!!

But what I really wanted to tell you about was the couple I met today. This couple has been married for about 1 year now. They are 76 and 77 years old at this point in their life. I can't begin to describe how funny it was to watch them together. They flirt like they're 20 years old and held hands as long as we would let them stay together. They didn't pick at one another but instead would compliment the other to anyone who would hang around long enough for them to get a chance!!

It was truely inspiring!

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger toesthattwinkle said...

sweet, inspirational, and funny! :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger rachel tsunami said...

Truly heartwarming. I just love hearing things like that.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger BirdTrainer said...

They're a little short don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home